Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: No
This post is a throwback of Robuchon’s lunch menu on December 2019 during my last visit in Tokyo.
For a 3 Michelin Starred restaurant, I definitely had high expectations. But sadly, this one didn’t meet it. It was okay, but I’ve definitely had better French Fine Dines. Quite overpriced for the portion & quality. Other than the first course, nothing really WOWed me.
1. Caviar & King Crab - The signature dish of Joël Robuchon definitely opened my eyes and got me excited! This was my favourite course among the rest.
2. Dublin Bay Prawn and Truffle Ravioli was quite bland. Good texture on the ravioli tho.
3. Steamed Blue Lobster was okay. Again, not WOW.
4. Grilled Wagyu beef was a perfect medium rare but lacked seasoning.
5. “France” pear & Manuka Honey ice cream was good. Not too sweet and had a balance of different textures.
6&7. The bread selection & Amuse bouche was amazing!
8. They had a Dessert Trolley for our Petite Four so we can choose according to our preference.
The waiters were friendly and attentive.
French interior, comfortable place for fine dine. No views tho.
Menu might have changed by now. So do expect different courses.