Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: No, because this wasn’t my cup of tea. But it might be yours, so no harm trying.
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Ala Carte Menu by Flour. Orders were recommended by the waiter.
I don’t have Indian cuisine very often. But when I do, I like mine packed with aromatic spices, strong and bold flavours. Unfortunately, I didn’t really enjoy the food here.
1&2. Spanish Lamb Chop & Mint (RM65) was dry and rough. Not sure if this is how it’s supposed to be, but I’m not a fan of the texture. The meat itself was quite bland, but tasted alright with the mint sauce.
3. Mutton & Garlic (RM32) looked rich, but I didn’t experience the aromatic mutton curry taste that I was expecting. This was rather bland, and barely had any garlic taste. The Mint sauce on the Lamb Chop was more garlicky than this.
Never had Puri (RM10) before but this was slightly difficult to pull apart. Not sure if that’s normal.
4. Prawn & Peppers (RM35) was the star of the night. Prawns were juicy, paired really well with the bell pepper and red onion sauce. THIS, was aromatic.
5. Mango Chicken (RM34) had very mild mango taste from the mango slices and sauce, but meat was quite flavourful and tender.
Kaleji (RM55) Foie Gras was decent, but nothing to shout about.
6. I was really looking forward to the Lamb Shank Biryani (RM50) but the mint taste was so strong that it overpowered everything else. All I tasted was mint. The lamb shank was dry too. So dry that the waiter had to help me shred it off the bone.
7. Spiced Papadum (RM8) and Batata Fritters (RM15) were spot on! I could really taste all the aromatic flavours from the spice.
8. Out of the 3 Chocolat aux Spices (RM18), I only liked the Cinnamon flavoured one. I couldn’t appreciate the taste of that India-styled non-fermented Cheesecake (RM18). Wasn’t worth the calories to me.
Waiters weren’t very attentive. Chef was very passionate.
Luxurious and modern interior, comfortable seatings.
Call me shallow, but I’d rather have Banana Leaf Rice than this. Or Nadodi.