Updated: Apr 4
Rating: 5/10 (Service needs improvement)
Will I come back: No
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Manja’s ala carte menu. Orders were mostly recommended by the waiter.
This place was rated 4.4/5 on Google Ratings, but I beg to differ.
Overall the food was okay, but not WOW. What really upsets me is that the waiter was very misleading when giving recommendations.
1&2. I was told that they have off-the-menu Wagyu Beef cooked with Gula Melaka (RM312/215g). When the steak was served, the waiter told me this was Japanese A5 Wagyu. But when I took a bite, I realised the texture was nothing close to the usual Japanese A5 Wagyu.
When I double-checked with the waiter, then only she told me it was Japanese A5 Wagyu BUT A RUMP CUT. If I was informed that it’ll be a rump cut, I wouldn’t have ordered it. Because it wouldn’t make much difference compared to having their Black Angus Ribeye, except this was double the price. Major disappointment.
Steak was cooked medium-rare but was slightly tough and barely tasted any gula Melaka.
3. King Prawn with Smoked Tamarind (RM92) was juicy but the burnt taste overpowered the Tamarind sauce. Mantou was crispy tho.
4. Truffle Angus Sliders (RM42) were moist and well-seasoned but barely had any truffle taste.
5. Bayam Escargots (RM34) tasted great with Truffle Toast! Love the lime, garlic and chili garnish, not too creamy but Bayam was kinda bitter.
6. Borneo Coconut Tuna (RM36) was fresh and appetising. This was my favourite dish. (Wasn’t recommended by the waiter.)
7. The waiter kept insisting on us ordering the Salmon & Nangka Madu (RM58) but it was nothing extraordinary.
8. Kaya Cheesecake (RM36) tasted like cheap cheesecake but with good Kaya.
Old Malaya Teatime (RM36) was basically overpriced Pisang Goreng with Teh Tarik Ice Cream.
9. Amuse Bouche was refreshing.
Definitely needs improvement. Some waiters were blur. Each course took about 20 minutes to arrive (almost like fine dining lol).
Indoor and outdoor seatings available. Clean and comfortable.
This is why I don’t trust Google Ratings.