Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: No
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Buy1 Free1 Omakase Set (RM388) & popular dishes from the ala carte menu. It’s been 2 years since my last visit and I am quite disappointed.
Let’s start with the Omakase set -
1. The sashimi was covered with different kinds of sauces, which I felt was hiding the lack of freshness of the sashimi. The only acceptable one was the tuna.
2. The sushi was nothing special. Almost felt like I was eating at Rakuzen.
3. Black Cod was my favourite among everything I’ve eaten. The sweet sauce was not too overpowering and the fish was moist.
4. The steak was okay. Came with 2 different sauces but didn’t like any of them. Salt and wasabi did a better job.
5. That chocolate lava cake was one of the best I’ve had. I was so impressed, literally increased the ratings from 4/10 to 4.5/10 for this.
Ala carte -
6. I ordered the Japanese A5 Wagyu (RM295/80g) and the waiter recommended us to try it Tataki style. I should’ve known better that their Tataki would overpower the taste of the beef. It’s still good but could’ve been better.
7. The Salmon Asian Pear was a no for me. The salmon wasn’t really fresh and didn’t go well with the pear and the sauce. Overpriced af.
8. Toro Tartare with Caviar was acceptable. But I remembered it used to be better than this.
9. No to the Wagyu Dumplings. The fillings were under seasoned and the spicy ponzu wasn’t helping.
Buy1 Free1 promo makes this place worthwhile. Or else I won’t be paying RM388 for Omakase Set with this kind of quality. The ala carte was even worse. Overpriced and it’s not even that great.
Can come during Buy1 Free1 promo period as it’s quite value-for-money, but that’s where it all ends.
Staff was kind and attentive. But I wish they had given me better recommendations.
Clean environment with skyline view.
The Buy1 Free1 Omakase had greater value and I enjoyed it more than the ala carte.