Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: No
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Ploy’s ala carte menu. Ploy serves Japanese-Thai cuisine in a fun-dining setting.
Overall the food is okay, nothing impressive. Each dish either has something missing / needs work.
1. Grilled Lobsters (Off the menu) was slightly dry. Tastes like typical grilled lobsters. Would’ve been better if there’s some sort of Thai lemon-chili sauce to go with.
2. Uni Pasta (off the menu) was my favourite. Tastes a bit similar to DC’s Capellini but this was a tad dry. Great portion tho!
3. The Sushi overall was okay. Nothing exciting.
4. Wagyu Beef cheek tastes good but texture was slightly tough. Suggest to braise slightly longer so it’ll be more tender.
Cod fish was moist but too salty.
5. 3 Musketeers - Soft Shell Crab, Beef & Chicken Karaage Mantao. Prefer the beef and chicken.
6. No to the Lamb Racks. Barely had any seasoning. The sauce helped a little but had to add salt.
7. Overall all the desserts were okay. Not too bad but not great. The cheesecake had good texture but flavour needs improvement.
8. Count Chocula (lava cake) would’ve been better if it’s higher quality chocolate.
9. Cracked Coconut - literally had to “crack coconut”. The chocolate shell was so hard, *Sound On* and you’ll know what I mean. The chocolate tastes cheap too. The coconut sorbet was good tho!
Waiters were very attentive and friendly. Great explanation on the menu too.
Cozy place for a meal, comes with private dining sections.
Food was ordered according to waiter’s recommendation.