Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: Definitely yes!
This post is based on Rama V’s ala carte menu. Special thank you to my followers who recommended this place!
Great Thai Cuisine overall! Really enjoyed majority of the food.
There are too many dishes here so I’ll keep it as simple as possible.
1. Ayutthaya Platter - I like the Chicken Satay. Tender and flavourful.
2. Spicy Tomyam Soup (Seafood) in Thai Coconut tasted quite similar to the one without coconut, just slightly sweeter with mild coconut aroma. Thick soup > Clear soup.
3. Smoked Duck Red Curry (left) with Lychee really stood out. That umami from the smoked duck and sweetness from the lychee was so good!
Skip the Green Curry Beef and Yellow Prawn Curry.
4. Deep Fried River Prawns (Black Pepper, Roasted Garlic and Tamarind Sauce) - All great, but Tamarind Sauce (Right) was my favourite!
5. Pineapple Fried Rice & Rama V Fried Rice - I prefer the former. That’s one hella good fried rice, we ordered another serving 🤣
6. Pandan Chicken, River Prawn Tomyam, Prawn Glass Noodle in Claypot (Off menu) & Grilled NZ Sirloin were equally good!
7. Pad Thai and Mango Salad were mehh. Squid with Salted Egg barely had any salted egg taste. Minced Beef with Basil leaf was a bit salty.
8. Lime & Chilli Seabass was on promo (RM45). Great value but nothing worth mentioning.
9. Mango Sticky Rice was my favourite! Water chestnut wasn’t too sweet. Pumpkin pudding was okay.
Waiters were kind and attentive.
Semi-contemporary interior, clean and comfortable. Private rooms are available but not a fan of the benches 🙄. Nice outdoor landscapes.
I’m a huge fan of Thai Food and this place has become one of my top picks for Fine Thai Cuisine