Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: Yes! Especially for the Pulpo (Spanish Octopus)
This post is based on my second experience dining in Rare.
It’s been 6 months since my first visit and the food quality is still as good.
1. A4 Wagyu Tartar with additional uni was good but the meat was a bit too fatty for my liking.
2. Iberico Gyozas were so good they were gone within seconds. Had to order another serving.
3. Pulpo was one of the best I’ve had in KL. Cooked to perfection, seasoning is on point and packed with umami. Again, one wasn’t enough.
4. Off-the-menu Hotaru Ika (Firefly Squid) was fresh, love the combination of the crispy bacon and the purée.
5. Mushroom Pate was creamy like butter spread and has a fragrant mushroom aroma.
6. A4 Wagyu was okay, nothing extraordinary.
7. Sweet Corn was fantastic! And I don’t even like corn but this one was exceptional.
8. Panna Cotta was sad. It looks like it was rushed out of the kitchen in 30 seconds. Nothing special.
Waiters are friendly but not very attentive sometimes.
Mostly outdoor seatings, can get quite stuffy on warmer weather or larger crowds.
I didn’t get to try 2 of their signature dishes as they’re sold out. Maybe next time!