Updated: Apr 4
Rating: 6/10 (0.5 for views)
Will I come back: Yes, will be back to re-evaluate.
Pork-free, serves alcohol.
This post is based on Sabayon’s 5-Course Degustation Menu.
Appetisers and desserts were amazing, but the mains simply didn’t make it.
1. Amuse Bouche of Crispy Duck Popiah was crispy outside, filled with shredded duck inside. Bread and assorted butter were nothing extraordinary.
2. Hokkaido Scallop was seared and seasoned well, topped with Caviar with creamy braised leeks.
3. Chicken Pot-au-Feu was a clear broth with Foie Gras, Mushrooms and something like a “Chicken Sausage”. This was my favourite course.
4. Supplemented the Lobster Laksa. Cut through the poached egg and I was disappointed. 😕The lobster tasted fine, but the Laksa base was overpowered by coconut milk. Still acceptable tho!
5. Sous-Vide Cod Fish was moist, but the skin was extremely fishy. Adding Ikura as the garnish just made it worse! Imagine couples having this on their first date. 😅 Plating needs improvement too.
6. Black Angus Tenderloin (Medium - recommended by Chef). Took a bite and texture was completely off. The steak was powdery, slightly rough and dry. Barely even finished it. The Oxtail Brioche on the side was way better!
7. Spoken to the GM about my feedback and she offered me Yogurt Gelato as palate cleanser (not in menu). She also offered a complimentary upgrade on my terderloin to a Wagyu tenderloin on my next visit. Thankful for the offer but honestly, I would gladly pay for the upgrade. I just want my steak done right.
8. Loved the Warm Chocolate Dessert and Petite Four. Great saviours from the mains!
Each course was well-explained but waiter was serving in a rush.
Amazing KL Tower and Twin Tower Skyline views. Many great IG worthy spots too.
Suggest to add palate cleanser into the menu. Remove the skin from the cod. Change to a different cut of beef/offer option to upgrade to Wagyu. Hope to see improvement on my next visit.