Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: No
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Sitka Studio’s Seasonal Menu.
I’ve heard great things about this place, but sadly my experience here didn’t even come close.
At RM320~ per pax, I don’t have very high expectations. But other than the first course, the rest just couldn’t make it. Looks fancy, tastes mehh.
1. Signature Aged Duck Breast was the worst course for the night. Skin was crispy, but texture of the meat was off. It was powdery and almost tasted like liver. Barely finished it. The carrots on the side tasted better!
2. Seabass was overcooked and bland. The sauce wasn’t helping. But still, better than the duck.
3. Cavatelli tasted too fancy for my liking. No issues with the salted egg yolk, but the Calamansi Vinegar made the pasta sour. Both flavours didn’t get along. Would’ve been better if it was just salted egg yolk with curry leaves.
4. Charred Leeks with crispy chicken skin bits was acceptable. Not WOW tho.
5. The starters were the star of the night. Yuba Tartlet was light and flakey, loved the crabmeat & hazelnut combination!
“Surprise Course” of Truffle & Cheese Toastie was damn good! Love the lightly crusted cheese toast with Truffle Aroma.
6. Chrysanthemum Blood Orange was nothing to shout about.
7. Parfait barely had any White Chocolate taste, almost felt like eating Vanilla Cream. Strawberry jam overpowered the parfait.
8. Sourdough crust was partly burnt but still acceptable.
Attentive and friendly waiters.
Cozy and comfortable dining area.
Gave my feedback to the chef, hope to see improvement on the next season.