Updated: Apr 4
Will I come back: Yes, on days when I feel like having fried food.
Pork-free. Serves alcohol
This post is based on Tenmasa’s Premium Kaiseki Menu. Tenmasa is KL’s first and only Tempura Bar.
The tempura here might not be the best I’ve had, but the quality is good enough for me to come back. The batter was crispy and light, I enjoyed it even though I’m not a huge fan of fried food.
1. Premium Appetisers - Shiro Ebi on seaweed was my favourite.
2. The highlight of the course was definitely the Uni on Shiso leaf. The combination of creamy Bafun Uni & crispiness of Shiso Leaf was amazing!👌🏻
3. Among the other tempura courses, the sweet potato and Tai (Snapper) really stood out.
4. A3 Wagyu Beef with Comte Cheese - The beef was slightly bland and kinda overpowered by the cheese. Texture was fine tho!
5. A3 Wagyu Beef Sukiyaki Style with Organic Yolk - Not sure if it’s supposed to have any Sukiyaki taste because all I tasted was the yolk 🤔
6. Kakiage Course was satisfying! The Kakiage had a mixture of scallops, prawns, mushrooms and onions. Went for the sweet sauce instead of green tea to preserve the crispiness of the Kakiage.
7. Dessert was strawberry ice cream & waffles with cherries. Perfect closure to the course.
8&9. Awabi Tempura & Foie Gras Tempura were okay. But if I had to choose, I’d pick the Awabi.
Salad and Miso soup are inclusive.
Staff was attentive and chef was friendly, although not much interaction involved.
Modern interior, comes with counter, side tables and private rooms.
Images are not arranged according to courses.