Updated: Apr 4
Rating: 7/10 (Overpriced)
Will I come back: No
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on mainly Steaks & Desserts from Vantador. (I was here for the steaks anyway.)
The famous Rubia Gallega, T-bone & Porterhouse were unavailable during RMCO, hence we settled for other steaks recommended by the waiter.
The steaks weren’t bad, I just didn’t think it was worth the price. I would probably be getting the same quality (or better) steaks at a more reasonable price elsewhere. Chef recommended Medium but steak turned out Medium-Rare. Not complaining since I like Medium-Rare anyway.
1. Dry-aged Wagyu Ribeye on Bone (RM1387 for 1.46kg) had at least 40% fat and 60% meat. A large chunk of it was pure fat. The steak was well-seasoned, slightly firmer and had rich flavour from the ageing. But this portion for this price? I wouldn’t recommend.
2. Wet-aged Ribeye MB8 (RM615 for 410g) was a better choice in my opinion. Great meat-to-fat ratio, meat was well-seasoned and juicy. But still, nothing extraordinary from the steakhouses that I frequent.
3. Seafood Ceviche (RM55) was too creamy so it ended up being heavy instead of an appetising starter.
4. Praline Chocolate Ball (RM35) was fancy, and it tasted great. Loved the combination of different textures and the chocolate wasn’t too sweet.
5. Coconut Panna Cotta was smooth and had a mild coconut taste but it paired well with the mango and oat crumble.
6. Complimentary Blackpepper Bread with Garlic Spread was good!
Attentive and friendly waiters.
Cozy and intimate dining area (Dim lights).
This was my 3rd visit and I still think the steaks here are nothing extraordinary and overpriced.