Rating: 6/10 (0.5 for ambience)
Will I come back: Maybe for the desserts
Pork-free, serves alcohol
This post is based on Willow’s Lunch Menu (RM125+/pax). All orders were chosen by my followers.
There were more misses than hits. The star of the menu were in fact, the desserts.
1. Scallop (Supplementary RM30) was the most decent dish among the appetisers and the mains that I’ve had. Scallops had a nice sear outside, soft inside. But one of it was slightly over-seasoned.
2. Hamachi was soy-cured, but the taste was kinda off. Didn’t seem fresh to me, didn’t really go well with the avocado purée too.
3. Angus Tenderloin (Supplementary RM40) was cooked medium-rare. But I got quite bored of the taste after a few bites, the beef jus and wild rice on the side didn’t really help much with the taste. I like the crumbs on top, added some texture to the beef. But for +RM40, I don’t have very high expectations.
4. Keladi Rice (V) felt like a rip-off as a main as it was just rice. Taste was good. The shallots added flavour but it was kinda boring because there’s nothing else to go with the rice. Thought it’ll be like risotto but this has more of a harder texture.
5. I really liked the Strawberry Tart with Pistachio & Rose Yogurt Ice Cream! The tart was crumbly, strawberry, pistachio and the ice cream paired really well with each other. Would come back for this.
6. Yuzu and olive oil cake was a refreshing combo, cake was moist. Love the crumbs on the side too!
7. Amuse Bouche - Beetroot Tart with Yogurt, Manuka Honey and (I forgot what cheese) was quite appetising.
8. Complementary Bread was decent, I liked the butter.
Waiter was welcoming and friendly.
Love the interior & the views! A tea party here would be perfect 😍
Disclaimer: All orders are not arranged according to the menu. All reviews and/or critiques published on all platforms of Anne Luxury Eats contain only honest personal opinions of the author. Any opinions published shall not be construed as expert advice or opinion.